Gift Registry FAQ
Please make sure to begin your registry online by creating a registry account with us. Once you've done that, you can always work on your registry online from the comfort of your own home, or you can make an appointment with our registry team by calling 212.420.9020.
If you had an account with us before we updated our website and registry platform, you can log in with the email address you used to create your original registry with, you will just need to reset your password. Guests will be able to find your registry by searching for your name on the Find a Gift Registry page.
How do I create a registry?
- Create an account or log in to your existing account.
- Under 'Account Dashboard' in the left hand column, click My Gift Registry.
- Fill out the information about yourself, your co-registrant, and your event.
- Make sure to select an address from the dropdown list or add an address by checking the box 'I want to specify a shipping address for the gifts.' If you would like to have gifts shipped to a different address after your event, you may always update this address later.
- A Public Registry allows guests to find and buy from your registry by using your first and last name. A Private Registry requires guests to have your Registry ID or the direct link to your registry.
How do I add an item to my registry?
- As you browse our website, select a product you would like to add to your registry by clicking directly on it's photo.
- From the product page, you can change the quantity you would like to add to your registry by pressing the '+' or '-' or by directly typing in the number into the box.
- Press 'Add to Registry' underneath the 'Add to Basket' button.
- The product now will appear in your registry.
- When viewing your registry, you can update the priority for each item by selecting, 'Must Have', 'Would like to have', and 'Would be nice to have'. You can also update the quantity you desire and add notes to each product.
- Once your registry is completed, you can share it with your guests by clicking 'Share my Registry' or by sending them your Registry ID or direct link from the Registry Details page.
What happens if I want to add items that I saw in the store, but they are not on the website?
You may call us at 212.420.9020 or email us at email@example.com. We would be happy to add those items to your registry for you. We are not able to add vintage items or products that are considered to be open stock/surplus as we cannot guarantee availability. These items often have limited quantities or are one-of-a-kind. Instead, we recommend asking for Fishs Eddy gift cards so that you can purchase these unique pieces as you discover them.
How do I purchase from a registry?
- Click 'Find a Registry' at the footer of the page or enter the registrants' information in the dropdown at the top of www.fishseddy.com. You can search registries by name or registry ID.
- Select the registry you are looking for. Private registries require a Registry ID or a direct link. If you don't have either, you must ask the registrant for their registry information.
- From the list of products on the registry page, you may directly enter the quantity you would like to add to your cart and then click "add to cart”. If an item you would like to purchase does not have an "add to cart" button, it means the item is out of stock. You may call 212.420.9020 to check on the items in store availability.
- Items listed in the ‘Notes’ Section of the registry may be purchased by calling 212.420.9020 as they are available in store only.
- Please note: All registry items must be added to your cart directly from the registry page. If you click on the item to view the item details or a larger image of the item, you must return to the registry page before adding items to your cart. Any items added to your cart from the product page will no longer be linked to the registry.
- If you are shopping only for the registry, you will be able to select the address the registrant entered. If you have added items for yourself, you will not be able to select two shipping addresses so all items will be sent to your address.
- Gift notes may also be added to the order but they will be applied to the entire order. If you have bought something for yourself as well, the gift note appears on the list of all items you purchased, not just the items in the gift registry.
- If you are shopping for yourself as well as a registry, we recommend placing two separate orders so that the packages can be shipped to the correct addresses with the correct gift messages.
What happens if I cannot find a registry?
- Make sure to double check the spelling of the registrant's name or their registry ID. Registries that are set to 'private' require the registrant's ID to be found.
- Verify that the registrant is not using a universal registry, such as Amazon.com Gift Registry, MyRegistry.com, or Gift Registry 360. We are not affiliated with these sites and the registrants will not show up in our database.
- If you are still having difficulty finding the registry you are looking for, please contact us at 212.420.9020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if I do NOT want to make my purchase online?
You may call us at 212.420.9020 to place a phone order, or you may come in to the store to make your purchase. In either case, please tell us that you are purchasing from a registry!After your transaction is completed, we will go online and update the registry with your purchase.
Who do I contact if I'm having trouble ordering from the website?
Please email us at email@example.com and we will do our absolute best to troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing. Alternatively, you can choose to place a phone order by calling us at 212.420.9020.